Volunteers can help us by:
- Interacting with children and families who come to the center by making them feel comfortable and at ease. This includes engaging children in activities such as playing a board game, coloring, reading or watching a movie.
- Contacting by phone, non-offending caregivers to complete a client satisfaction survey of their services received at Patsy’s House.
- Sorting through donations – stuffed animals, toys, juice and crackers.
- Ensuring that toy shelf, refrigerator, and crackers are stocked and ready for children and families.
- Assisting with community education programs and health fairs.
- Planting and maintaining flower beds.
- Decorating for holidays.
- Assisting during special events – Pinwheels for Patsy’s House, Family Nights, etc…
- Assisting with maintenance needs – replacing lights (indoor and outdoor), shoveling snow, touch up painting, etc.
To Become A Volunteer:
- Contact Patsy’s House Children’s Advocacy Center at (940)322-8890 and ask to speak to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will ask for your contact information and send you a volunteer application to complete.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and a high school graduate.
- As a part of the volunteer application, a criminal background check will be completed.
- You will meet with the Volunteer Coordinator to discuss your interests, take a tour of our agency, and set up a schedule to volunteer.
- Training will be individualized and based upon your interests. Training for each volunteer will also include an overview of our agency, observation of the community education programs, introduction to child abuse and how to respond to questions and situations that you may come in contact with while you are volunteering.
To request an application or for more information about volunteering, e-mail: email@example.com